Jenga is a start-up focused on solving two major problems facing businesses globally and locally:
- Bridge the global tech talent gap, one African developer at a time.
- Enable the growth of African companies through technology.
To bridge the global talent gap, we identify talented Kenyan software engineers, developers, and place them to work on short or long-term engagements for global tech companies. Developers are trained on technical and soft skills before being placed and deliver for our clients whilst working remotely from Jenga’s offices in Nairobi. In doing so, Jenga provides access to professional software engineering opportunities which Kenyan developers would otherwise not have.
When not working for global tech companies, Jenga developers are either engaged by local African companies to deliver web applications and ERPs or working on Jenga proprietary products and solutions empowering African businesses.
Jenga is looking for a UI/UX designer who is passionate about building products that customers love to join our team and to drive our proprietary products.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using sitemaps, user stories and process flows.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture.
- Design UX/UI at multiple touchpoints of the product’s timeline (for mobile and web).
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces.
- Deliver on UX vision, together with a plan for the product’s evolution that includes interactive updates.
- Take research insights and turn them into service and design output using service-design blueprints, sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Communicate and work closely with the Development Team, delivering any necessary annotations/ design specs.
- Define the product brand and work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints.
Location: Our offices are at Nairobi Garage, Pinetree Plaza, Nairobi, Kenya (maps) Working Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00-18:00
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- You have demonstrated experience (at least 1 year) designing digital products and features for web, mobile, and other devices.
- You have experience working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion.
- You find and craft elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You have strong visual skills with product design, but you also have a good understanding of UX.
- You champion user-centred design principles and methodologies.
- You’re energized by hands-on work—sketching concepts, defining flows, building prototypes, or polishing final designs within tight deadlines.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and influence cross-functional teams with thoughtful insights.
- You’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, user research, contextual interviews, and competitive/analogous research.
- You’re proactive, creative, adaptable, and collaborative.
- You can show us a portfolio that tackles real projects or challenges and the process applied to them including the visuals and mockups.
- Work in a team with diverse backgrounds and an open-communication culture.
- Learn by being provided with regular and constructive feedback, mentoring, training opportunities and our in-house knowledge base.
- Gain valuable experience through your involvement in projects across multiple industries and business sizes.
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a small, agile, and growing team, to demonstrate your skills and grow through merit.
- Deliver a tangible impact on customer satisfaction, as Jenga is committed to finding the right solution for the right client and delivering it with the highest level of professional standards.
- Promote the growth of African businesses, by equipping them with the right tools and support to unleash their potential.
- Be yourself! We embrace difference and know that if you can be yourself at work, you'll be happier, more motivated and creative. We want you to bring your whole self to work, to have your own perspective and know that you belong.
- Competitive salary, that will grow as you grow.
- 21 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. You professional growth is important to us, and we want to help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. Work without impact is meaningless.
- More benefits to come as we grow – and as a team member, we’ll ask for your suggestions!
- The recruitment process takes place in 3 steps:
- An online form to fill in.
- A face to face interview (virtual or on-site).
- A job offer!
- Please note: Completion of the online form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete it. Please be aware that you will have to complete it at once, as you will be unable to return to it later.
If this looks like you, please send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com